Thursday, September 10, 2009

Long Lost Blog

Trip to Conroe




Brenden and I took our first trip alone to go see my family in Conroe for my nieces 3rd birthday. We had a great time but the drive was hard on me. I realized how much of a pain it is to stop for a bathroom break. Take Brenden out of the car...carry the car sear in....go to the bathroom...hope he does not wake up and scream for the next 20 minutes in the car. Besides the ride the weekend was a fun trip and I really enjoyed seeing my family!!

Date Night




Lee and I have also now had our first night out! It was lots of fun and much appreciated. My friend and her daughter came over to watch Brenden while we went to dinner and to have drinks at the wine bar (man I missed that place) We checked out the new restaurant Sauce in downtown Mckinney and it was awesome! We had a great time and it was fun to talk as husband and wife instead of mom and dad for a little change.


11 Weeks Old Today!!


Brenden is also celebrating his 11 week old birthday today. As a mom I have learned that no two babies are the same. I freak out every time a baby around the same age hits a milestone before him, but then shortly after I stop freaking out, he hits it. It took him a little longer to smile than I wanted but it made it all the more exciting for me when he finally smiled back. The let go and let God is something that I am working on. His last doctors visit revealed a perfectly healthy on target baby :)

2 comments:

  1. How cute. I can't believe he is 11 weeks already. When do you have to go back to work? Or did you already?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not have to go back to work until mid october :) the good part about being a teacher is that your maturnity leave does not start until school starts. So even though he was born in june my 12 weeks did not start until august 24 :)

    ReplyDelete