Monday, July 2, 2012

Day 1/21

I am starting a new adventure today! I am devoting 21 days to a cleanse of body and soul! Every morning I will be waking up at 6:00 AM (ouch) and completing a daily Food, Faith, and Fitness devotional. At night I have an additional devotional with Joel Osteen. I am also going all natural with my foods. Fruits, Vegetables, and Fish!




My reasons for this vary. Lee and I are going through changes in our life with money, time, and we are thinking about a location change in the next year (still in the San Antonio area). I have been thinking so much about these BIG things in our lives and realized that I need to be trusting more in God than making my own plans. My daily devotionals are focusing on inputting God into my daily plans, and setting goals with him.


God also wants us to keep our bodies healthy! I am focusing on the clean foods to break any bad habits that I have formed! I developed Type 1 diabetes when I was pregnant with Brenden in 2005, and since then I have struggled with my weight, my blood sugars, and keeping my diet under control. When I added baby number 2 to the mix my weight and body became more unhealthy. I have to get back to being healthy! I pray that my children never develop this disease, so my part of that is to teach them how to eat healthy and stay fit. I also want to be a good example for them in case they do develop diabetes; they have me as an example of how to live a healthy with it!


So here it goes....21 days on clean foods, and daily devotionals. Please keep me in your prayers to remain strong in my promise to myself and to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment